Adult Piano Lessons
Private Lessons in your home or my daytime studio in Toronto
I welcome beginners. I offer two streams of lessons.
1. Recreational keyboard lessons at all levels. Learn at your own pace, have fun. No pressure.
2. The "Achievers Program" which is an intensely focused program for over achievers. I’m comfortable with a Jazz, Classical, or Pop emphasis. Students in the "Achievers" program are normally preparing for piano exams, jazz camp, post-secondary entrance auditions, or clearing off the bucket list.
On-line lessons via Skype
My typical online students are teachers or advanced students studying jazz piano. I teach a few intermediate adult classical students on-line.
Career Guidance for Private Music Teachers
Connecting the heart with the hands, ears, eyes, and intellect.
Adult piano lessons are a primary focus of my studio in Toronto. My goals are to provide empathetic instruction and fun lessons.
Here are a few profiles of my adult music learners:
1. Gary, retired Professor, adult Jazz Piano student. Last century earned his RCM Grade 8 certificate. Thought he might check Jazz piano off the bucket list. He's heading for Jazz Camp in the summer of 2017
2. William, businessman, adult Classical Piano student. Last year he successfully sat for RCM Grade 7 piano, this June Grade 8. Go William! We started at level 2, if I recall correctly.
3. Terry, adult Classical Piano student. Dusted off the piano and dove into RCM Grade 6 exam preparations. Squeezes in time to practice whenever she can.
4. R. and J., retired Academics, husband and wife. He started from scratch; she has restarted. Enjoying exploring Classical and early 20th century classic Jazz.
5. Charles, semi-retired, amateur Classical singer, arts lover, adult Classical Piano student dabbling in Be-bop Jazz. Now he is getting ready for his RCM Grade 8 exam later this year.
6. Y., business woman, piano beginner. Brings passion to the project of learning the basics. Some weeks she practices, some weeks she doesn't. But every week she dives in with enthusiasm.
7. Mark, music professional, learning the ins and outs of music theory. Working on his first album.
8. Nicholas, young adult with musical aspirations. Preparing for music school. (Update: He will be attending York University in the fall of 2017)
9. Joe and Kim, Professional piano teachers and studio owners, learning new skills to keep it fresh for their own students.