Some great reasons to make 2017 the "Year of the Piano"
- Joy, as in the joy of making music with your own hands.
- Fun, playing duets with friends is a blast.
- Challenge, to play well is not easy, but it is possible.
- Bucketlist, one more check.
- Health, get the brain active and firing on all cylindars. Apparently music helps.
- Piano lessons have changed since you were a kid. Students here have tried their hands at these activities:
- Boogie woogie
- Playied Bach
- Played Chopin
- Adult recitials
- Piano exams
- Music holidays to Cuba
- Played John Legend
- Played Beethoven
- Played Duke Ellington
- Jazz improvisation
- Attended Jazz camp in Kentucky
- Prepared for university entrance auditions at age 60+. (she's in!)
- Played New age music
- Played Ragtime
- Classical improvisation in Mozart
- Jamming in the community
- Learned to play music with their kids
- Accompanied their children in piano rectals
- Played with a drummer and bassist
- Learned to Rock out!