- Having an identifiable sound in the tonal quality of your playing.
- The speed, evenness, and clarity of execution in your technique.
- The ability to play with consistently accurate time and feeling of pulse.
- Your choice of tonal material in improvisation.
- The spirit and drive of your playing. The emotional feeling and vitality comes from your conviction of rhythm and pulse.
- The melodiousness of your lyricism.
- The depth and variety of your repertoire.
- Your ability to navigate,with integrity, a wide range of repertoire (vehicles) without losing effectiveness.
- The quality of your inventiveness, creativity, originality which demonstrates your innovation.
Found on pages 77 & 78
I highly recommend this book to all my Jazz students.