A tale of two adult students
- Both students start at the same time.
- Student 1 practices an hour a day, 5 days a week.
- Student 2 practices an hour, once a week.
- At the end of year one Student 1 is 4 years ahead, year two 8 years ahead.
- Student 1 has a vague notion of what they want to accomplish. The have a nagging notion that they should practice a lot. They feel guilty that they cannot practice more. They need a lot of hand-holding.
- Student 2 wants to play a few tunes and have fun. They do. They take it as it comes. They fiddle around, jamming, improvising, and occasionally getting to the homework. They are having fun.