Here are 10 ideas to recharge enthusiasm.
- Mirvish Productions. Annie. Music by Charles Strouse, lyrics by Martin Charnin, book by Thomas Meehan. Ed Mirvish Theatre, 244 Victoria St.. 416-872-1212. $29-200. Opens Apr 24, 7:30pm. Runs to May 27. Tues-Sat(7:30pm), Wed/Sat/Sun(1:30pm).
- Canadian Opera Company. Anna Bolena. Donizetti. Sondra Radvanovsky, soprano (Anna Bolena); Eric Owens, bass-baritone (Henry VIII); Keri Alkema, soprano (Giovanna Seymour); Allyson McHardy, mezzo (Smeton); and others; Stephen Lawless, director. Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, 145 Queen St. W.. 416-363-8231.
- Summer camp #1 New Orleans Traditional Jazz Camp
- Summer Camp # 2 Stanford Jazz Workshop
- May 23 12pm: Canadian Opera Company. Jazz Series: Joy Spring. Big band favourites. JAZZ.FM Youth Big Band; Jules Estrin, conductor. Richard Bradshaw Amphitheatre, Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, 145 Queen St. W.. 416-363-8231. Free.
- Learn some new music
- May 23 8:00: Toronto Symphony Orchestra. Beethoven Emperor Concerto. Saariaho: Ciel d’hiver (North American premiere); Ives: Symphony No.2; Beethoven: Piano Concerto No.5 “Emperor”. Yefim Bronfman, piano; Osmo Vänskä, conductor.
- 21C Music Festival May 23-27/2018 TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY MUSIC FESTIVAL TODAY’S MOST INNOVATIVE MUSICIANS BRING US FRESH NEW SOUNDS AND IDEAS
- Get the piano tuned
- At Lake Field Music camp, adults of all ages and abilities come together to share their love of music-making.
The bottom line? Get out there and experience something new this summer.
Further resources for Toronto: Whole note magazine.