· Allocating time to learn: Madame Boulanger also knew that the right amount of work was required. This isn’t easy.
· Creating goals that are congruent with the time available: Brian Tracy believes this is the starting point of all achievement.
· Learning how to practice: the key to joy. Happy students realizes that practicing is the point. See my colleague Chris Foley for more ideas.
· Seeking mentors and fellow travelers: Champions seek feedback. Also, sharing the journey with others on the same path gives encouragement and enlarges our perspective.
· Keeping the emotional fire smouldering through concert attendance, reading books, blogs, E articles, YouTube exploration and magazines on adult music education
· Realize that over time you will reach your goals because you learned to practice, allocated resources, made the time, stoked the fire, and kept the faith.