- Spend some time exploring the history of jazz. Here is a good place to start. The great courses can be found on https://www.audible.ca/ for $14.00. https://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/elements-of-jazz-from-cakewalks-to-fusion.html
- Another exercise, listen to 3 different versions of a piece in your repertoire by 3 artists. Listen enough to each performance until you can sing along and mimic the performance of the melody on the piano.
- Someday my prince will come with Miles Davis: see attached listening sheet.
- General piano skills. For sight reading try this. First page is free. https://www.musicnotes.com/search/go?w=Thanks+for+the+memory&from=header
- Play a chorus or two with Red Garland on C jam blues.
- Functional jazz Skills
- chords systems
- sight reading chords
Have Fun, see you in September.