- Clear long term goals that can be broken down into small actionable steps.
- Adequate practice time fire-walled in your calendar.
- Practice space organized: music , pencils, audio recorder, metronome, Youtube, and headphones.
- Lesson time finalized.
- Spouse on board.
- A list of concerts to attend.
- Meditating on the virtue of patience.
- Reading books on deliberate practice.
- Practice log ready to record your progress.
- Deep Listening time on the calendar.
The blogs that follow will explore, in further detail, each of these steps.