- Go to a concert and refill the well of inspiration.
- Take some time to listen to music like a musician. A good recording can teach us so much. Listen multiple times, each time paying attention to a different element of the performance: Dynamics, articulations, balance, tempi.
- Revisit technique, playing slowly with a beautiful tone your scales, chords, and arpeggios. Savour the experience.
- Try sight reading new material to find some new favorites.
- Perhaps take some time to review old material and restore them to their former glory.
- YouTube piano instruction videos. There is wealth of opportunity to learn a piece by rote. Or learn from other teachers new ideas or approaches. I don’t know everything! They may have a turn of phrase that makes clear something you are wondering about. A good place to start is
Have a great time, see everyone the week of January 11, 2016