Autumn Leaves https://youtu.be/tguu4m38U78 Key of Gm
Take the A train https://youtu.be/D6mFGy4g_n8 Key of C
Blue Monk https://youtu.be/_40V2lcxM7k Key of Bb
Satin Doll https://youtu.be/Gj42JotNUko Key of C
Blue Bossa https://youtu.be/U7eOs5lERww Key of C minor
C jam Blues https://youtu.be/16UIKglJ56w Key of C
- Listen to the recordings over and over until you can confidently sing the melodies.
- Learn the melodies of the tunes by ear.
- Learn to sing the roots of the bass lines. See Below. Be sure to sing in key and in time. You can use a fake book here to finish what I’ve started. Add your own turn arounds.
- Put the melodies over the bass roots. Close the fake book.
- Learn the Jazz chords and put them under the melody.
- Play from memory everyday until they are solid.
- Now you can learn to improvise and play jazz.
- You head is no longer in the book.
- You can play with the recordings.
- You can jam with some confidence.