Time for yours. Here are some ideas to get you started.
1. Have fun, lower the intensity. Except if you are a professional or preparing for post secondary music education. Time to ramp it up!
2. Now back to recreational players. Normally I would recommend some concert attendance, but alas, this is not currently possible. Maybe attend some online live events. The Village Vanguard in NYC is presenting some of New York's finest.
3. If you can visit a music store with a large print section and ask the clerk for some recommendations on what is new and exciting for players at your level.
4. Revisit and reflect on your goals for the fall.
My plans. As I'm a professional, I'm ramping up the intensity until Labour Day in September.
90-day summer music plan 2020
- Contemporary piano with Jacqueline
- Bebop with Mark
- Adult pedagogy Workshop in July
- Some limited jamming
- Lessons with Lowell
- Daily work of his notebook
- Finish and master drum kit book
- 2 to 3 chapters a week
- Jamming with friends
- Rory and Jim
- Andrew and Rory
- Roland and Ed
- Transcriptions continue
- William and Gordon
- Learn to make multi screen videos