But for the rest of us. Try some or all the following.
- Find a quiet moment and just listen to beautiful music played by professionals.
- Remember the difference between practice and play. Practice involves judgement, play is non-judgmental fooling around, playing whatever strikes us.
- Revisit your go to pieces and quietly play them.
- Go for a long safe walk. Fresh air is good for us.
- Daydream musical ideas, thoughts, dreams, and plans. For me that would include adult music camps in New Orleans and Europe. Starting up a band for my young students to play in after the pandemic.
In the meantime, call me if you would like to meet online. I've dozens of students happily progressing on zoom.