Good question. So, here goes.
I do the following things on a regular basis:
- I have piano coaches with whom I meet monthly for both classical and jazz piano pedagogy studies.
- I have a drum coach I see weekly.
- I listen to music podcasts about coaching, customer service, marketing, and music pedagogy.
- I participate in numerous online groups involved in professional music and pedagogy.
- I practice my instruments almost daily. I usually rest on Sunday.
- From time to time I play in a professional setting.
- I attend live music events most weeks.
- I attend summer music workshops around the world: USA, Canada, Italy, and Poland so far.
- I take a music holiday and attend concerts around the world. Last trip over New Years was to New York City.
- I attend professional conferences in the USA and Canada.
How do I practice in my studio?
- I have overall lifetime goals in both the piano and drums.
- I have yearly goals which are posted in the studios.
- My studio spaces are well organized, it is easy to get started.
- I record much of my practice.
- I use a metronome.
- I rehearse with my peers weekly.
- I follow the direction of my coaches/mentors/teachers, but I also initiate things on my own.
- I work on the following areas:
- Sight reading
- Ear training and Transcriptions
- Score study
- Metronome work
- Student work
- I journal my progress in various ways
If I can help you, feel free to call me.