- Professional recording of your work
- Pencil and eraser
- Cell phone equipped with with a recording app
- Ear buds
- Write the fingerings on every note in the piece. Use the editors suggestions as a starting place. This is the key step. You are now playing slow and thinking about what you are going to do.
- Listen to the professional performance of your piece. If it is short listen to it all. If long, just the part you are working on. Watch the score while listening.
- Imitate what you just heard a nice slow tempo if need be. Record yourself. Listen back. Assess yourself while watching the score.
- Repeat step 2 and 3