It’s fun if you are young and playing with your mom, it’s fun if you are older and playing with your spouse. The experience of duet playing is social bounding.
The piece teaches so many skills to a neophyte.
- Ear training: getting the hands to play together
- Musical memory: remembering the pattern
- Time training: listening to the accompanist
- Expression: the joy is infectious
- Technique: Using the arm
- Finger numbers are reinforced
- Helps contribute to the positive “vibes” to learning the piano.
If you like to be part of this, call me.