How do virtual piano lessons work?
How do online piano lessons work?
These are unprecedented times! As many of you know, a third of my teaching studio involves individual lessons offered online. I run a full video studio with two cameras and professional sound equipment. My current online students range from young children to senior citizens, and from beginners to professionals, and from (place to place – include China, Mexico, US…).
Click here to see how online lessons work: https://youtu.be/dhH1dY8tzCI
How you set up for online lessons?
1. Open a free Zoom account on your laptop. Skype, Facebook, and Google work as well. With Zoom video recording is very quick and easy.
2. Position your (ok so what kind? Camera? Laptop? Etc.…) device just above the height of the keyboard, and to one side of it. Be sure it is on a stable surface.
3. We will spend a few minutes before beginning the first lesson to get it all running.
How it works.
1. Just like regular lessons!
2. My demonstrations are recorded and put up on YouTube with a private link sent to you.
Here is a link that demonstrates how it works: https://youtu.be/dhH1dY8tzCI Same video as above.
New prospective students can set up a free demonstration with me. Just call.
That is an overhead camera on the pole
You've got to learn your instrument. Then, you practice, practice, practice. And then, when you finally get up there on the bandstand, forget all that and just wail.
I'm a professional pianist and music educator in West Toronto Ontario. I'm also a devoted percussionist and drum teacher.