Preparing for fall piano lessons
Lessons start up in a few short weeks. I’m excited, you are excited, we are all excited. Another year is about to start. How does one prepare? Here are some suggestions.
1. Start practicing. I suggest reviewing your favourite pieces to start.
2. Think about new repertoire, make a list, and let me know.
3. Review your musical goals.
4. Plan to go to some concerts featuring world class performers performing your type of music. I go weekly. It keeps my inspiration high. https://performance.rcmusic.ca/venues/koerner-hall
5. Consider subscribing to the magazine: The Pianist. https://itunes.apple.com/hk/app/pianist-only-piano-magazine/id595402685?mt=8
6. Call the piano tuner
See you all soon.
You've got to learn your instrument. Then, you practice, practice, practice. And then, when you finally get up there on the bandstand, forget all that and just wail.
I'm a professional pianist and music educator in West Toronto Ontario. I'm also a devoted percussionist and drum teacher.