Ten good reasons to start
· It’s difficult
· It’s physically challenging
· It’s intellectually exciting
· It’s an adventure in finger dancing
· It’s an authentic experience, no mediators, just you, your fingers, and the music
· It’s culturally rich: Mozart, Blues, Jazz, Piano Pop, and Beethoven
· It’s cool to make a Mozart or a Boogie Woogie piece your own
· It’s fun to jam with others
· It’s a perfect combination of creative activity, exploratory learning, and discipline
· It makes the listening experience vastly more rewarding
So, why not?
Call me today for a free interview to see if I'm the teacher for you.
David Story, Piano Teacher and adult drum student
You've got to learn your instrument. Then, you practice, practice, practice. And then, when you finally get up there on the bandstand, forget all that and just wail.
I'm a professional pianist and music educator in West Toronto Ontario. I'm also a devoted percussionist and drum teacher.