Preparing for fall piano lessons
Lessons start up in a few short weeks. I’m excited, you are excited, we are all excited. Another year is about to start. How does one prepare? Here are some suggestions.
1. Start practicing. I suggest reviewing your favourite pieces to start.
2. Think about new repertoire, make a list, and let me know.
3. Review your musical goals.
4. Plan to go to some concerts featuring world class performers performing your type of music. I go weekly. It keeps my inspiration high. https://performance.rcmusic.ca/venues/koerner-hall
5. Consider subscribing to the magazine: The Pianist. https://itunes.apple.com/hk/app/pianist-only-piano-magazine/id595402685?mt=8
6. Call the piano tuner
See you all soon.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
You've got to learn your instrument. Then, you practice, practice, practice. And then, when you finally get up there on the bandstand, forget all that and just wail.
I'm a professional pianist and music educator in West Toronto Ontario. I'm also a devoted percussionist and drum teacher.