Inspiring Kids to practice piano
1. Preparing duets to play with other students
2. Preparing for a recital
3. Attending a Piano Guys concert
4. Playing music they’ve written themselves
5. Composing music for their friends to play
6. Joining a worship band
7. iPad music creation
8. Rewards -à puppy
9. Parental supervision
10. Parents taken up lessons themselves, making it a shared experience
11. Participating in music festivals, thus meeting new friends who play
12. Praise their genuine achievements
13. Tune the piano
14. Take the child to a youth orchestra concert to witness other children playing an elevated level
15. Let them earn a new instrument
16. Send them to summer music camp
17. Read the Tiger mom book
18. Get a new more enthusiastic teacher
19. Lower distractions to practice in the home
20. Give music lessons the same level of attention as sports and school homework
Reasons to practice Some kids just love to practice. But, most kids need a reason. Supplying uplifting and inspiring reasons keeps it from becoming a chore, or worse punishment.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
You've got to learn your instrument. Then, you practice, practice, practice. And then, when you finally get up there on the bandstand, forget all that and just wail.
I'm a professional pianist and music educator in West Toronto Ontario. I'm also a devoted percussionist and drum teacher.