Preparing to succeed is the first step. Here are some things successful student do to prepare.
1. They understand how to use Zoom. They have set up the camera so that I can see their hands. The screen is set up so that they can see me as well. Some students use more than one camera. (Most students set up the laptop on a table to the side of the piano.)
2. They have created a realistic practice schedule. They understand that learning to play the piano to a level of proficiency takes time.
3. They have created an organized practice space for productive work.
4. They understand the costs involved.
5. They have told their significant others of their plans and their need for emotional support and encouragement.
6. They understand that they need to lean on their strengths when the going gets tough.
If I can help you get started, please call me.
Revised August 2022
You've got to learn your instrument. Then, you practice, practice, practice. And then, when you finally get up there on the bandstand, forget all that and just wail.
I'm a professional pianist and music educator in West Toronto Ontario. I'm also a devoted percussionist and drum teacher.