Another day in the teaching studio and another diverse set of pieces. Someone stated that an average piano teacher teaches 600+ titles a year. I believe it.
Up next: Music rehearsal with my friends, the pianist Jim Finlayson and bassist Rory Slater. I'll be drumming. We've been meeting every 2 weeks for years. It is always a highlight of my week playing tunes from the "Great American Songbook". Lots of Porter, Corea, Hancock, and Ellington.
Back to class
7. Prelude in Db by Glière
8. Fantasia in D minor K397 by Mozart
9. Pumpkin boogie by Faber
10. Sonatina in C by Faber
11. Drum rudimental warmups
12. Never Going To Give You Up by Rick Ashley
13. Theory class RCM 8 and Band Lab DAW
Now to the drummers
14. Video game music
15. 3/4 Scottish snare drum solo
16. Free Fallin' by Tom Petty
17. Rollin' in the deep by Adele
18. Superstition by Stevie Wonder
Revised August 2022
You've got to learn your instrument. Then, you practice, practice, practice. And then, when you finally get up there on the bandstand, forget all that and just wail.
I'm a professional pianist and music educator in West Toronto Ontario. I'm also a devoted percussionist and drum teacher.